Photo by Kate Opre as featured in Mad Sounds Magazine Issue 21
I recently began my first grown-up job which, along with consistent headaches, also requires me to wake up every day a good three hours before I would consider acceptable. I’m not a morning person and I never have been. Rather, I spend the first five minutes of every day laying in bed wondering if it’s possible to sue my parents for forcing me to endure my existence. Just so you’re not too alarmed, my attitude always changes as the day progresses, but the thought of leaving my bed first thing in the morning is never welcomed. Dramatics aside, I have found the best motivator to leave my bed in order to make my coffee and hop in to the shower which comes in the form of music. With that being the case, I’ve developed this playlist to serve as the first bright spot of my day (because the sun’s not even up yet).
1. Go Fuck Yourself by Two Feet
2. Show Me Love by Hundred Waters feat. Chance the Rapper
3. Bam Bam by Sister Nancy
4. Panic Cord (Hucci Remix) by Gabrielle Aplin
5. Animals by Coast Modern
6. Nothin' No by David Vandervelde
7. Neighbors by J. Cole
8. Devil Eyes by Hippie Sabotage
9. Crack Rock by Frank Ocean
10. 40 Day Dream by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Check out this playlist on our Spotify!